WORK WITH US
What is Poachers?
• Poachers Drinks was founded in Wexford by Brendan Colbert in 2017.
• Brendan’s family have been involved in food and drink for over 200 years.
• The family first opened a public house in Wexford in 1812. By 1998 it had grown into a Bib Gourmand award-winning food, drinks and cultural destination on the east coast of the country.
• With access to Farm-grown ingredients and insights from working at the front-end of the Irish Hospitality industry, Brendan saw an opportunity to create and launch the first premium Irish mixer drinks company using natural ingredients from his family farm.
• His goal is to provide an imaginative, stylish and uniquely Irish drinks partner for the fast-growing premium spirits industry.
Poachers needs a Poachers Brand Ambassador ...
Poachers is at a stage where our Customers would benefit from a Poachers Brand Ambassador educating and advocating with bartenders and distillers to help them understand the Poachers story, the farm-grown natural ingredients, and how Poachers can help them drive their business through increasing consumers’ drinking experiences.
What do we want a Poachers Brand Ambassador to do?
1. Driving trade advocacy for the Poachers brand in the Irish On Trade and with Irish Craft Distillers.
2. Building and retaining excellent customer relationships through training and customer support.
3. Educating and influencing the trade through brand activation.
4. Supporting rate of sale across targeted on-trade outlets.
5. Winning with bartenders.
6. Building brand preference with Craft Distillers.
1. Delivering brand and product presentations to help build knowledge of Poachers with trade staff and Distillers.
2. Delivering mixology sessions to help drive brand sales and to help build Poachers’ relationships with customers.
3. Attending events to drive tasting, trade interaction and consumer awareness.
4. Embedding brand perfect serves.
5. Working to get our brands highlighted on menus, whether directly with Customers, or via relationships with Craft Distillers.
6. Running consumer brand tastings and cocktail events.
7. Creating content and promoting the brand via a designated trade facing Instagram account.
8. Building close working and cooperative relationships with Spirit Ambassadors to drive mutually synergies.
What kind of talents and experience do we expect a Poachers Brand Ambassador to have?
• Deep understanding of what is important to premium customers and their consumers.
• Has their finger on the pulse of what is happening on the ground and has brilliant relationships with key influencers in the industry.
• Category Knowledge across Spirits and Mixed Drinks with experience in process, ingredients, & service.
Experience in Cocktail-making would be an advantage.
• Passion for great drinks brands in particular premium/super-premium brands.
• Operates proactively – and where necessary reactively – to beat the competition.
• Skilled in developing customer and stakeholder commitment, negotiating for win-win outcomes with a diverse range of individuals.
• Exceptional presentation skills that captivate the customer and leads to consistent, high quality execution that accentuates the distinctive elements of the outlet(s).
• Is capable and competent to deliver training & incentives with priority customers.
• Comfortable presenting at Trade press events/industry presence; implementation of tastings/events/experiences and point of sale materials.
• You are an On-Trade expert. You already may be a Sommelier, bartender/manager, entrepreneur, global brand ambassador in the spirits business.
• You have built your career in distilling, or the newest experimental bars, high-end luxury hotels or even the fine-dining circuit. You have built relationships and networks at all levels in this industry.
What kind of person do we want a Poachers Brand Ambassador to be?
• Reliable and trustworthy.
• Demonstrates responsible attitude towards responsible drinking.
• Is a self-starter, always looking for opportunities to drive sales of the Poachers brand.
• Demonstrates deep personal accountability for great performance, delighting the customer and beating the competition.
• Builds and sustains trust with others through real relationships.
• Can provide succinct and timely feedback to Head Office to inform them, via formal reporting and via a conversation, as to the challenges and opportunities for Poachers being experienced day-to-day.
What kind of profile do we think a prospective Poachers Brand Ambassador should have?
• Has worked at Bar Manager or Asst. Bar Manager level or as a Brand Ambassador.
• Comfortable discussing and educating around mixology.
• Advanced category and product mastery
• Experience of working with other parts of sales and other functions, particularly Field Sales and Account Management would be good.
• Has a full clean licence.
• Willing to work unsocial hours as the role may demand (nights and/or some weekends)
• Willing to travel to all parts of the Island of Ireland, as needed
• Can create and stick to a Journey Plan, optimising time in the Field.
• Skilled and creative social media content creator in Instagram. Tiktok a bonus!
What can a Poachers Brand Ambassador expect in return?
• €28,000 per annum plus generous bonus
• Company vehicle
• Reasonable Expenses
• 21 Days Holidays
• Huge career opportunities
If you want to apply to be a Poachers Brand Ambassador...
1. Send a CV and a short covering letter (500 words max) outlining why you would be perfect for this role.
2. Please email the above to email@example.com by Friday 4th June, 2021.